Shoppers are in full swing as Holiday celebrations are upon us. Direct to Consumer wine sales are up so this is a great time for wineries to cater to the online buyer. In a recent report released by Truett-Hurst Inc. DTC Sales are up by 24% due to an increase in wine club sign ups and tasting room traffic from results of online promotions and marketing. Read more at: http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20131106-920505.html?dsk=y
To ensure your customers Feel the Love and shop with Holiday Spirit, consider the following best practices:
1. Be sure to say Hello and Thank You. During the Holiday Hussle and Bustle, customer service need to be a top priority to build customer loyalty. STAFF UP starting this next week through New Year’s Day to ensure everyone who shops your brand is humming Fa La La La La, La La La La! Also, give a little extra Holiday Cheer to your long-term club members by adding a bottle champagne or box of chocolates to their order. This goes a long way as your members share this story with their friends and family, passing along the Cheer.
2. Help to Make the Season Bright. Create new experiences and add personal touches to gift boxes and packaging. Have you thought to add a Holiday Card signed by wine makers and staff to every six-pack or case sold during the Holiday’s? Maybe include a Holiday Gift in your card, inviting them back in January for a “New Year’s Toast” with the winemaker. You know your customer base, so take time to connect with them in a way that’s meaningful during the Holiday Season.
3. Offer a Shipping Incentive. Make it easy for your fans to ship wine gifts to their loved ones this season. ADD a Holiday Shipping Incentive to your website this week and be sure to set up an email campaign that includes your Holiday Event invitations and the shipping incentive. Studies continue to show that shipping incentives are chosen more than a discount on wine purchase. Offer a flat shipping rate for every order – $10 per case seems to be the magic number or if you really want to see an increase in online gift giving, offer $1 shipping on any order made between 11/15 and 12/15 for example. Be sure to test your e-commerce tools to ensure online buyers have a smooth and easy shopping experience from their desktop or mobile device.
4. Share Holiday Traditions and Favorite Memories through Social Channels. We all love to share our memories of Holiday’s Past, so take this opportunity to start the conversation on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social outlets. Get your fans talking and take the time to showcase some of your club members and their stories.
5. Take Time to Make Pairing Recommendations. So much time is spent researching recipes, creating a beautiful holiday table and sending invitations. During the planning stages, it is great to get wine pairing recommendations. Stay in front of your fan base with a four-week online Holiday Wine Pairing series. Include a staff member from four areas of your winery to share their pairing recommendation and favorite holiday food each week.
This truly is the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – so much goodness and cheer! If you need any extra help managing your DTC sales vision, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.