WHY? Wine shipments from U.S. wineries to consumers across the national hit all-time highs in value and volume in 2014, according to the 2015 Direct To Consumer Wine Shipping Report created by ShipCompliant and Wines & Vines. In 2014, the value of direct to consumer wine shipments surpassed $1.82 billion, 15.5% increase over 2013 (the most significant increase YOY). Volume grew almost as quickly, reaching 3.95 million cases*.
WHAT? DTC Wine Workshops launched in 2013 out of a growing need for wineries to learn how to capitalize on a rapidly growing sales channel that delivers wineries larger profit margins and real-time customer feedback. DTC Wine Workshops provide direct-to-consumer (DTC) wine sales consulting services, strategic planning services, project management work, data migration and technical services as well as training tools to help winery teams grow direct sales, improve conversion rates, retain loyal customers and expand brand awareness. DTC Wine Workshops partners with leading technology companies to provide training and support to winery teams throughout the nation, using an ideal blend of technology and processes.
WHO? Sandra Hess is the founder of DTC Wine Workshops and industry leader who launched the DTC Consultant Network in August of 2014. Sandra’s background in PR, Marketing, CRM and Compliance Software has aided in her success as a DTC Wine industry specialist. Sandra speaks at industry conferences nationally and globally on the topic of DTC Wine Sales & Retention Best Practices. You can find the latest news article published by Wines & Vines on November 6, 2015 HERE.
HOW? DTC Wine Workshops and the DTC Consultant Network serves clients throughout the nation based on the unique needs of each winery. Services and projects include:
- set up and launch of a new direct-to-consumer sales division, including strategy
- assistance with set up an eCommerce system, online store promotions and e-marketing annual calendars
- training and strategic planning to improve conversion rates both in-person or online
- staff training and workshops tailored to management teams or new hires to ensure every customer interaction is exceptional
- data analysis, clean up and migration services to improved E-commerce and CRM systems
- online workshop sessions, onsite group workshops and seminars