WHY? Wine shipments from U.S. wineries to consumers across the national hit all-time highs in value and volume in 2014, according to the 2015 Direct To Consumer Wine Shipping Report created by ShipCompliant and Wines & Vines. The value of these DtC shipments surpassed $1.8 billion, more than 15% above the 2013 total. Volume grew almost as quickly, reaching 3.9 million cases*.
WHAT? DTC Wine Workshops launched in 2013 out of a growing need for wineries to learn how to capitalize on an exploding new sales channel. We provide direct-to-consumer (DTC) wine sales consulting services, project management work and training tools to help winery teams grow direct sales, improve conversion rates, retain loyal customers and expand brand awareness. We partner with leading technology companies supporting wineries to provide training and support, using an ideal blend of technology and processes.
WHO? Sandra Hess is the founder of DTC Wine Workshops and industry leader who launched the DTC Consultant Network in August of 2014. The network is a group of 19 specialists serving wineries nationally with specific project services, training services or monthly retainer contracts. The Network meets monthly for a roundtable discussion to share industry insights related to various specialty areas that support DTC wine sales & customer retention. DTC Wine Workshops and the DTC Consultant Network reviews technical systems and processes regularly to ensure best practices are applied in every project.
HOW? DTC Wine Workshops and the DTC Consultant Network serves clients throughout the nation based on the unique needs of each winery. Services and projects include:
- set up and launch of a new direct-to-consumer sales division, including strategy
- assistance with set up an eCommerce system, online store promotions and e-marketing annual calendars
- training and strategic planning to improve conversion rates both in-person or online
- staff training and workshops tailored to management teams or new hires to ensure every customer interaction is exceptional
- data analysis, clean up and migration services to move wineries to an improved E-commerce and CRM system to better serve customers and grow direct sales
- online workshops sessions, onsite group workshops and seminars
To learn more about the “specialty areas” that the network focuses on, visit the DTC Consultant Network Overview page.