We all know what we like and we all have our differences – this is a great thing! Wineries are in a unique position to create long-term relationships with customers by getting to know their preferences. This doesn’t mean that you need to memorize every wine club members name and preference profile. Simple steps can be taken to ensure that everyone in your tasting room or back office has the tools they need to have meaningful conversations. Wine lovers are passionate about learning, exploring, tasting and expressing their likes and dislikes. Loyal followers will join more than one wine club and in some cases up to 10 clubs at a time. Wine-O’s spent $1.35 billion in U.S. online wine sales last year! So how are you differentiating your brand to ensure you are getting a fair piece of the pie?
- Does every visitor feel like they are a VIP when they visit your winery?
- Does tasting room staff have the tools they need to know who they are talking to every time a transaction is made?
- Are Wine Club members given the red carpet treatment every time they enter your doors?
- Is your E-Commerce Manager putting thoughtful touches, handwritten notes, surprises into VIP Member shipments?
- Do your Wine Club members leave feeling educated after attending an event?
- Do you have opt in tools at the register to convert visitors into members with personalized follow-up invitations?
- Are Club Members recognized when logging into your site with a personalize message? Are they having a positive online shopping experience and able to make a purchase in under 5 minutes?
Your members love you and will share what they have learned with friends and acquaintances in social circles. Knowledge is Power and it is also a Powerful way for you to reach new wine lovers. Simple steps can be taken to set up customer types in your CRM or E-Commerce solution backend that will save you hours of time sorting through a pile of spreadsheets and reports. Goal management tools and email alerts can keep your team on your toes and in contact with your loyal followers at the right time. We all want to feel like a VIP and it’s often the little things that make the biggest impact. Leverage technology and preference based marketing processes to increase your DTC Sales and stay connected to your fans! DTC Wine Workshops is a solid DTC Sales Resource should your winery team need help in this area.